With so many options out there how do you choose an accounting software or system that fits your needs? This FREE webinar attempts to answer that question. We’ll run through some of the best options out there right now, each option’s pros and cons, and which typically is the best option for your business type. We are going to look at: -QuickBooks Pro (Desktop Version for Mac & PC)
-Sage 50 (Desktop Version – PC)
-Online bookkeeping services like Bench
-Local bookkeeping services. We will also address industry specific packages (i.e. 17 Hats for Photographers) and give you some food for thought regarding those systems. We’ll compare them to each other and to your shoebox, notepad, or Excel file to see which is the best fit. Attendance is limited to 50 attendees. The webinar will be presented using Skype for Business. Please e-email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “webinar registration” and you’ll be sent a meeting link within 24 hours.
This workshop is going to be a hands on, bring your computer, bring your bank statements, and bring your shoebox and walk out with reports that mean something for the 2015 year. Reports you can hand to your tax preparer, reports you can use to plan for 2016, and reports that let you know how your business is working.
For each section, we are going to spend few minutes going over the “how-to” and “why”, and then we are going to dive into getting that information into QuickBooks for Mac on YOUR system.
This first course is going to be focused on QuickBooks for Mac users (or future users). Contact me if you are using a different accounting solution (QuickBooks, Xero, QuickBooks Online, Bench.co, 17 Hats, etc.) and are looking for advice or assistance.
- 8 Hour On Location Workshop designed to be workshop environment where you work through getting YOUR information into QuickBooks for Mac.
- Location: The Classroom Collective‘s studio space in Tacoma, WA
- Class Time: 8 AM – 5 PM
- Registration is limited to 12 attendees.
- Breakfast pastries, coffee, and beverages will be provided.
8:00 AM – 8:45 AM: Setting Up Your Company
- Loading Company information
- Setting Up Your Chart of Accounts
8:45 AM – 9:45 AM: Making Money
- Sales Receipts
- Sales Tax
9:45 AM – 10:00 AM: Break
10:00 AM – 11:45 AM Spending Money
- Writing Checks
- Accounts Payable (Should You Use It?)
- Categorizing Expenditures
11:45 AM – 12:45 PM: Lunch
12:45 PM – 1:45 PM: Making Sure You Captured It All
- Bank Reconciliations
- Report Review
1:45 PM – 2:30 PM: How am I doing?
- Basic Business Reports
- Reports for Taxes
- Intro to Customization
2:30 PM – 2:45 PM: Break
2:45 PM – 4:00 PM: Planning
- Building a Budget
- Tracking my Progress
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Cleanup Hour
5:20 PM – 6:20 PM: Taxes Bonus Session
- Computer you can bring on location
- QuickBooks for Mac (2013 or later)
- Minimum one full months of business operation with dedicated business bank account
- I’ll do my best to get be as discrete as possible while still answering questions, but there is no guarantee of absolute privacy. It’s a workshop environment so an understanding that other attendees may here/see some details of your business finances during discussion or due to physical proximity is necessary.
- This course is not directed at inventory based businesses and will not contain inventory related content.
- Have a business primarily based in Washington State.
- Some data gathering prior to the course date (course instructor will contact you after registration)
Bonus Sessions (included in registration):
- An optional individual 15 minute online meeting to get your software installed and running before the class starts.
- An optional 1 hour “bonus” Q&A session on taxes after the regular class ends on January 16th.
Registration is non-refundable, but can be transferred to a future course if notice is received 14 days prior to class date.